Proposed innovative projects are brought to the Education Foundation’s attention by a committee comprised of Foundation and School District Administration members who identify projects which align with KASD’s priorities and strategic plans. The Education Foundation approves and provides funding for innovative projects throughout all grade levels. These funds are intended to supplement existing school activities, thus providing new learning opportunities not covered by local tax dollars. Many of these initiatives are funded with Educational Improvement Tax Credit (EITC) donations made by community businesses.
Our Newest Innovative Project, “Support-A-Scholar”
In 2019, the Education Foundation entered into a joint endeavor with Kutztown University (KU) and Reading Area Community College (RACC) called “Support-A-Scholar”. The new program provides partial college course tuition to highly motivated KAHS students in a dual enrollment program at either institution. Course tuition fees of $4,400 were subsidized for a total of 20 participating students upon course completion in 2019.
Our Education Foundation Donors make a big difference in the lives of students! Students were excited to take college courses in advance of their Freshman college year. They look forward to expanded opportunities for additional courses beyond the scope of the high school curriculum. These credits are able to be transferred to many universities including KU, Penn State, Temple, Bucknell, and Millersville, to name a few.
Past Projects and Innovative Initiatives:
- Monetary support is provided for the annual Elementary/Middle School Science and Technology Fair.
- Supporting technology initiatives in all grade levels has been a priority of the Foundation, beginning with the One-to-One laptop initiative, supported from its inception.
- Technology equipment was purchased to assist students preparing History Day projects.
- Through the years, computers, iPads, projectors, digital cameras, printers, software, and network upgrades were purchased to enhance the academic curriculum.
- Funds were provided for the fencing around the high school athletic stadium.
- Support was provided for the dedication of the high school “John Silan Gymnasium”.
“I would like to express my deepest gratitude to the members of the KASD Education Foundation for the generous financial aid which was provided to my family this semester…I am immensely proud to be a student of a school that has repeatedly gone the extra mile to support the academic aspirations of myself and my peers.”
– Written by a KAHS Student Participant in “Support-A-Scholar”
CONTACT US TODAY
If you would like to request further information on how you can help enhance educational opportunities for our students, or if you would like to make a tax-deductible donation, please fill out the contact form below. One of our representatives will respond shortly. Thank you!