The purpose of the Distinguished Alumni program is to recognize Kutztown Area High School graduates who have made significant contributions to the community and beyond, and whose accomplishments and careers honor the excellence of the school district.
Distinguished Alumni Selection Criteria
Recipients of the Distinguished Alumni Award will be accomplished in two distinct areas:
- Professional achievements and career or military service distinction: The recipient attained prominence in his or her field that forms a record of significant accomplishment, and
- Service to the Community and Beyond: The recipient exhibits integrity and a demonstrated commitment to service through an interest in bettering the lives of others.
Making A Distinguished Alumni Nomination
Written nominations may be made for the Distinguished Alumni Award by any of the following: KAHS alumni, family and close friends of KAHS alumni, or Kutztown community members.
Nominations will be accepted using the following guidelines:
- Nominations may be submitted to any KASD Education Foundation board member at any time throughout the year.
- The deadline for consideration of a nominee for selection as the Distinguished Alumni for the current academic year is September 1.
- In addition to completing and submitting a KASDEF Distinguished Alumni Nomination Form, nominators are encouraged to provide other supporting items that further distinguish the nominee (i.e., biography, curriculum vitae, newspaper articles, personal stories).
- One nomination per nominating individual or group per year will be considered.
- Nomination forms will be held for consideration by the Education Foundation for each nominated individual for a period of five years from the time of the most recent nomination.
The KASD Education Foundation approves the selection of the Distinguished Alumni at their October quarterly board meeting, or no later than the end of that calendar year. Following Board approval, the Distinguished Alumni/Alumnae is contacted by a Board member to request acceptance of the award. Acceptance carries with it the agreement by the Distinguished Alumnus to speak at that year’s KAHS Graduation (May/June of the following year.)
To print a nomination form, click here: