The KASD Education Foundation approves and provides funding for innovative projects throughout all grade levels. These funds are intended to supplement existing school activities, thus providing new learning opportunities not covered by local tax dollars. Most of these initiatives are funded with Educational Improvement Tax Credit (EITC) donations made by community businesses.
Past Projects and Innovative Initiatives:
- Monetary support is provided for the annual Elementary/Middle School Science and Technology Fair.
- Supporting technology initiatives in all grade levels has been a priority of the Foundation, beginning with the One-to-One laptop initiative, supported from its inception.
- Technology equipment was purchased to assist students preparing History Day projects.
- Through the years, computers, iPads, projectors, digital cameras, printers, software, and network upgrades were purchased to enhance the academic curriculum.
- Funds were provided for the fencing around the high school athletic stadium.
- Support was provided for the dedication of the high school “John Silan Gymnasium”.
CONTACT US TODAY
If you would like to request further information on how you can help enhance educational opportunities for our students, or if you would like to make a tax-deductible donation, please fill out the contact form below. One of our representatives will respond shortly. Thank you!